Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Here's to a Healthy New Year

So I realize the last three recipes I have posted have been all about cookies. I think you can tell where my heart truly lies. However, like every other American out there, I have been trying to be more health conscious lately. I always run out of ideas for healthy things to eat, so I thought I would share a few of my quick and easy staples. If you feel like sharing some of your own, please feel free in the comments section. I love to hear from you!

- Half a peanut butter and honey sandwich with an apple

- Reduced fat wheat thins and fat free cottage cheese

- Baby spinach, slivered almonds, avocado, tomato, and Ken's Steakhouse Lite Walnut Raspberry Vinaigrette (this salad dressing is awesome)

- Egg whites on whole grain toast

- Edamame

- Chipotle Black Bean burgers from Costco (also awesome)

So if you are in a crunch for something to eat. All of the above are quick, delicious, and pretty good for you!

1 comment:

  1. What is Edamame? I'm now craving the wheat thins and cottage cheese. YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete