Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tilapia and a Chipotle-Orange sauce

I thought I would try something a little different tonight and make fish. I'm not a huge fish person, but we had some tilapia in the freezer so I thought why not? This dish is very good, but it's quite spicy so if you aren't a spice person I would skip this one. But, if you like things a little hot....

Sauce:
2.5 oz canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 TBS rice wine vinegar
10 oz orange marmalade
1 1/2 TBS fresh squeezed orange juice
2 tsp. fresh minced cilantro
1 TBS finely diced red onion

Blend the peppers and vinegar together in a blender. Put the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl and add the chiles from the blender. Set aside until ready for use.

Fish:
2 tilapia filets
flour
olive oil

Dredge the filets in a coating of flour. Heat some olive oil in a skillet on med-high to high heat. Sear the filets for 3-4 minutes per side until pink is just gone.

I served the fish over a bed of quinoa, but you can use steamed rice as well. Add steamed veggies of your choice such as carrots, zucchini, squash, or peas.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh... looks tasty, and like it's going to be for dinner tomorrow night at my house. Thanks, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete